A Short History of Subaru
Subaru started as Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., an aircraft manufacturing, sales and maintenance service. In 1954, the first Subaru automobile, the Subaru 1500, was released. The auto offered driving security in addition to driver comfort. On March 3, 1958, the Subaru 360 was released, and became a turning point in Japanese history. Subaru set out to develop a vehicle that was small, affordable, and also well-performing, and completed this objective. The Subaru 360 was among one of the most popular automobiles in Japan and also continued to be in manufacturing until 1970.
In 1961, Subaru released the Sambar, a minitruck that had lots of freight space and a low deck body. The Sambar was primarily utilized in the industrial world, but was additionally available to the general public. Later that year, the Sambar Light Van was created for the public in addition to commercial use. These cars and trucks placed Subaru on the map as a maker of light passenger cars. In 1966, the “Subaru Building” was completed in Shinjuku and became the Subaru head workplace. The Subaru 1000 was released in May 1966. The car provided driving stability and a comfy interior, along with the most recent vehicle technology. In 1969, the Subaru R-2 was launched as a substitute for the Subaru 360. The R-2 was the best auto as highways became popular in Japan, and boosted the significance of what a minivan can do. The Subaru Leone made its debut in 1971, which was very applauded nation wide and also globally for its distinct style. In 1972, The Subaru Rex was launched as the successor to the Subaru R-2.
Today’s Subaru models include:
- Subaru BRZ: The Subaru BRZ is a car that was made along with Toyota. The car is wonderful in addition to sensible, and has outstanding handling. The BRZ was Top Gear magazine’s Car of the Year in 2012 and also the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s Top Safety Pick in 2012.
- Subaru Impreza: Subaru’s entry-level automobile that is available in both sedan in and hatchback options. At the American MotorWeek Driver’s Choice Honors, the Impreza won Ideal Sport Sedan in 2002 and Best Performance Car in 2004. In 2010, the Impreza won the AMI Insurance performance car of the year award.
- Subaru Crosstrek: The Subaru Crosstrek is a portable crossover that was introduced in 2012. The Crosstrek can be called an off-road variation of the Impreza. Although the Crosstrek is big, it drives like a regular-size auto and is available in normal in addition to plug-in hybrid variations.
- Subaru WRX: The WRX is Subaru’s most legendary vehicle. It’s a reliable vehicle that is inexpensive and also fast. It is an effective car that features a 268-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter boxer four-cylinder engine, quick-ratio steering, a sport-tuned suspension, switchable hold control system together with energised torque vectoring.
- Subaru Forester: The Subaru Forester is a compact SUV that is among the most popular Subarus in the U.S.A. The SUV is liked by family members and more bold vehicle drivers alike. The Forester was the victor of Wheels Gold star cars honor for best compact SUV in 2008, Motor Trend publication’s SUV of the Year Award in 2014, Best Small Utility in MotorWeek’s 2009 Driver’s Choice Awards, and more.
Your Trusted Shop for Subaru Repair
Ninety-seven percent of Subaru vehicles sold in the last ten years are still on the road today. That’s thanks to Subaru owners bringing their cars in for maintenance regularly. Bringing your Subaru in for maintenance not only saves you money in the long run, but also reduces your vehicle’s carbon footprint and keeps your vehicle in its best condition. Every vehicle has a maintenance schedule that can be found in the car’s manual, and some vehicles’ computer systems will warn you when it’s time to bring it in for maintenance.
When the time comes to bring your Subaru in for repairs, Auburn residents can come to Auburn Euro Motors. We specialize in Subaru repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. A team of highly trained mechanics, we at Auburn Euro Motors are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time. We offer services in vehicle alignment, steering and suspension, transmission repair, and more. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 530-268-1870.
For honest and efficient auto repair in Auburn, CA, turn to the capable team at Auburn Euro Motors. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”