A Short History of Smart Car
Smart is a German automobile brand that is a division of Daimler AG (which also possesses Mercedes Benz). The company produces microcars and subcompacts. The name Smart derives from the Swiss company Swatch and also Mercedes Benz; Smart stands for “Swatch Mercedes ART.” In 1982, Swatch Chief Executive Officer Nicolas Hayek began establishing an idea for a brand-new car, one that is tiny as well as fit for city dwellers. His idea ended up being called the “Swatchmobile.” Hayek came close to a number of car makers, and in 1991, he reached a contract with Volkswagen to share growth of the new task. Nonetheless, the task was ended 2 years later when Volkswagen changed Chief executive officers.
On March 4, 1994, a bargain was announced with Mercedes Benz and Swatch at an interview in Stuttgart. The firm also revealed 2 principle autos: the eco-sprinter and eco-speedster. As part of this new convergence, the name of these vehicles was changed from “Smartmobiles” to Smart cars. The auto released successfully in nine European countries in October 1998, although it wasn’t a hybrid like Hayek had actually hoped, but a car completely powered by fuel. Up until April 2019, Smart continued to be under the Mercedes Benz Cars division of Daimler AG. In March 2019, Geely, a Chinese worldwide automotive company, purchased a 50% stake.
Smart Auto Today
Although Smart cars left the USA market in 2019, Smart vehicles can still be seen on American roadways today. Today’s Smart car models include:
- Smart Fortwo Coupe: The base model for Smart cars, the Smart Fortwo coupe supplies a grip control feature that regulates engine throttle and rate when the sensor spots a skid or swerve.
- Passion Coupe: This auto adds a breathtaking roof covering and even includes its own sunscreen. The three-spoke natural leather steering wheel includes a paddle shifter, which is responsible for operating the hand-operated feature in the automated manual transmission.
- Passion Cabriolet: The Cabriolet includes an electric convertible top and a premium sound system.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop for Smart Car Repair
When the time comes to bring your Smart car in for repairs, you can bring your car to Auburn Euro Motors in Auburn. We take a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. We are very transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn’t absolutely necessary. If you are in Auburn or surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to bring your Smart car to Auburn Euro Motors today! Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- We offer courtesy rides and loaner cars (by appointment) after drop off hours to fit your busy schedule.
- We perform a Digital Vehicle Inspection with every visit to keep your car safe and reliable.
- We have a six month payment option (upon approval) to make it easy on your wallet.
- Every item you request gets our complete attention. You deal directly with the owner, or our knowledgeable Service Advisor, at every phase of the estimate or repair, and nothing gets lost in translation.
- We offer a 36 month/36,000 mile nation wide Parts and Labor warranty on most repairs.
To make an appointment with Auburn Euro Motors in Auburn, you can give us a call at 530-268-1870 or do so online.
For honest and efficient auto repair in Auburn, CA, turn to the capable team at Auburn Euro Motors. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”