At Auburn Euro Motors, we can perform testing services on your vehicle to assess its safety, longevity, reliability, dependability and functionality. Automotive testing is done to ensure your vehicle will last you a long time. In the testing, we will put your vehicle through high-pressure situations to mimic real-world scenarios to make sure that no matter what conditions you drive in, your vehicle will be able to withstand them. Here are some reasons why you might bring your vehicle in for automotive testing:
- Preventing lawsuits: A lawsuit could be filed against you if your vehicle does not meet certain standards. If you show test results that your vehicle has been working properly, however, this prevents a lawsuit from occurring.
- Aligning to environmental standards: The federal government has certain limits for how much greenhouse gases your vehicle is allowed to emit. To ensure your vehicle meets these limits, you will need to get your vehicle tested.
Broadly speaking, there are two areas of automotive testing: tests for part durability and tests for exterior quality. Tests for part durability include:
- Vibration testing: When you drive, your vehicle’s frame and components are constantly vibrating. Vibration testing puts the car through extreme situations to make sure the vehicle is durable, and can identify weak parts of your vehicle when the part gets subjected to random vibrations until failure. Because vibrations occur in all forms of transportation, safety and longevity of parts both rely on being able to withstand constant and erratic movements.
- Climactic testing: The environment plays an important role in the lifespan of your vehicle and its components. Certain climates have conditions that cause premature wear. Hot and cold extremes can create stress on automotive parts. Climactic testing involves UV exposure, cold, heat, dry and wet conditions. We will also test for humidity, as in humid climates, the moisture in the air can cause rusting of your vehicle’s exterior, wearing of the vehicle’s paint and degrading of electrical parts.
- Mechanical testing: Mechanical operations can wear out over time and can become less efficient. With automobiles that rely on both electrical and mechanical systems running at their peak for the vehicle to continue working, physical operation testing is critical. Automotive mechanical tests include examining engine efficiency and performance from a variety of systems.
Tests that we can perform for the exterior of your vehicle include:
- Coatings and paint testing: Testing the paint and exterior coatings of your vehicle ensures that these components of your car are durable. Our paint and coating tests include examining abrasion and weather resistance. We will test for abrasion, salt fog, and chemical resistance to make sure your vehicle’s paint and coatings will survive in certain climate conditions as well as exposure to chemicals like antifreeze, coolant, windshield wiper fluid, gasoline, and oil.
- Gravelometer testing: We will test how your vehicle handles gravel to make sure the paint and coating does not chip off when exposed to gravel.
Your Trusted Shop for Vehicle Testing
Look no further than Auburn Euro Motors in Auburn to fulfill all your auto repair needs. Our technicians have decades of combined experience and can take care of your vehicle, any model and any make. We are dedicated to providing top-notch customer experience and will make sure any issues with your clutch are fixed as soon as possible. Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- We have a six month payment option (upon approval) to make it easy on your wallet.
- We offer courtesy rides and loaner cars (by appointment) after drop off hours to fit your busy schedule.
- We perform a Digital Vehicle Inspection with every visit to keep your car safe and reliable.
Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with Auburn Euro Motors today! You can schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 530-268-1870.