How does a timing belt work?
Your vehicle’s timing belt is one of the most vital parts that keeps your vehicle operating. It links the camshaft (which allows air along with gas in and out of the engine by opening and closing the engine’s shutoffs) to the crankshaft, which manages the pistons of your engine. In most automobiles, the timing belt is additionally in charge of the operating of your auto’s water pump, fuel pump, as well as injection pump.
Just how do I recognize if I need a timing belt replacement?
If your timing belt breaks or splits, it can create severe problems to your auto. Some signs of a worn or harmed timing belt are:
- Your car’s engine is stalling.
There are teeth on timing belts which grasp gears as they rotate a series of engine parts. If these teeth are fragile or start wearing off, the timing belt will start to slip away from the gears.
- You hear weird sounds originating from the engine.
If you pay attention to a ticking sound originating from your engine, it can suggest low oil pressure within your engine or a failing timing belt.
- There is smoke coming from your engine.
The top of every cyndrical tube has 2 openings that enable air inside and also let out engine exhaust. The opening and closing of these openings are synchronized with how the cyndrical tubes move as well as how the camshaft turns. A worn out or damaged timing belt suggests this task is not synchronized, causing an accumulation of exhaust that is eliminated in the form of smoke.
Although the preferred period to modify your timing belt is every 100,000 miles, if you are experiencing numerous of the indicators above, it’s a good idea to bring your automobile to a car service facility that can quickly discover and repair the issue. That shop is Auburn Euro Motors in Auburn. Our service technicians have decades of experience as well as have extensive factory and/or advanced technological training. If you reside in Auburn or bordering places, do not hesitate to set up a visit with us today!
Your Trusted Shop for Timing Belt Replacement
If you are in need for a timing belt replacement and are in Auburn or surrounding areas, look no further than Auburn Euro Motors. Our service advising team has decades of combined experience and will make sure we make the most accurate diagnoses of repairs your vehicle needs. Here are some reasons to make us your local auto repair shop:
- We offer courtesy rides and loaner cars (by appointment) after drop off hours to fit your busy schedule.
- Every item you request gets our complete attention. You deal directly with the owner, or our knowledgeable Service Advisor, at every phase of the estimate or repair, and nothing gets lost in translation.
- We offer a 36 month/36,000 mile nation wide Parts and Labor warranty on most repairs.
- We perform a Digital Vehicle Inspection with every visit to keep your car safe and reliable.
- We have a six month payment option (upon approval) to make it easy on your wallet.
Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 530-268-1870 today!