A Quick History of Lexus
In 1983, Toyota chairman Eiji Toyota issued a challenge to make the world’s best auto. Toyota’s task, called F1, was completed in 1989 with the Lexus LS 400, which was complimented for its quietness, engine efficiency, as well as fuel economy. Lexus was released as Toyota’s high-end brand in 1986. The name stems from the name Alexis, which was a front-runner in prospective names but was altered so it would not be connected with the personality Alexis Carrington in the famous 1980s drama Empire. The very first Lexus slogan was “The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection”.
Throughout its very first year of sales in 1990, Lexus sold 63,594 automobiles in the USA. In 1991, Lexus was ranked highest in J.D. Power and Associates’ studies on initial vehicle quality, customer satisfaction and sales satisfaction for the first time. That same year, Lexus released its first sports coupe, the SC 400, in addition to its ES 300 sedan, which ended up being the brand’s bestseller. Lexus debuted its very first sport energy vehicle, the LX 450, in 1996 as well as the RX 300, its very first luxury-branded crossover SUV, in 1998. In 1999, Lexus also recorded its 1 millionth auto sold in the United States market, being ranked as the top-selling premium automobile manufacturer in the USA overall. By 2000, Lexus had sold its 2 millionth vehicle in the U.S.A. as well as introduced the very first luxury-branded hybrid SUV. In 2005, Lexus completed a business separation from parent company Toyota, with dedicated design, engineering, training, and production centers functioning particularly for the division.
Lexus cars are frequently liked because of their exceptional convenience and also ergonomic style, smooth and also simple driving, stability, gas performance, technology and more. Here is a list of a few of Lexus’ models:
- GS: The GS is Lexus’s sportier, more costly midsize high-end vehicle.
- GX: The Lexus GX debuted during the 2010 model year. It’s a standard midsize SUV with body-on-frame construction, permanent four-wheel-drive as well as third-row seating.
- RX: Lexus’ popular model in the USA, the RX is a midsize crossover SUV.
- IS: At Lexus, IS means “intelligent sport.” The IS is Lexus’ compact, entry-level sport sedan.
- RC: The Lexus RC is a two-door sports car that debuted for the 2015 model year.
- LX: Lexus’ full-size deluxe SUV that debuted in 2008.
- ES: This is Lexus’ most popular non-SUV design in the United States and also is known for its dependability and value.
- NX: The Lexus NX is a compact SUV that shares some DNA with Toyota’s popular RAV4 crossover.
- UX: New for the 2019 model year, the UX, or “Urban Tourist,” is a subcompact deluxe crossover.
- LS: Lexus’ fullship deluxe vehicle that was the first design that emerged from Lexus in 1989.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop
Known as the modern luxury car, Lexus has a large range of models that require extensive services. When the time comes to bring your Lexus in for repairs, Auburn residents can come to Auburn Euro Motors. We specialize in Lexus repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. A team of highly trained mechanics, we at Auburn Euro Motors are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time. We offer services in vehicle alignment, steering and suspension, transmission repair, and more. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 530-268-1870.
For honest and efficient auto repair in Auburn, CA, turn to the capable team at Auburn Euro Motors. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”