Difference Between Gas-Powered Cars and Diesel
Diesel cars regularly get a reputation for being a lot less environmentally-friendly than gas vehicles, yet we say this is an unreasonable assumption. While both gas and diesel engines mix and compress gas and air inside their cyndrical tubes, a gas engine makes use of an ignition system to produce the power that keeps your vehicle running, while a diesel engine builds pressure in the fuel-air mix itself to generate heat. Although diesel fuel is typically a lot more expensive than regular gas, you will get more gas mileage out of diesel. Almost all automobile makes have a variety of diesel automobiles, making diesel a viable option for many individuals.
How do I know if my automobile needs a diesel service?
Whether you have a Power Stroke, Duramax, Cummins, or another diesel engine, we at Auburn Euro Motors in Auburn can execute a diesel service for you. As durable as diesel motors are constructed to be, aspects of the engine can in many cases break down. Some indicators that something is wrong with your diesel engine include:
- Your engine will not start or is difficult to start.
This generally suggests reduced compression or troubles with fuel efficiency. It’s normal for a diesel engine to crank up a bit when it’s started, but it should not be difficult to keep the engine running.
- There are sounds coming from your automobile.
If you hear that the noise is irregular or there is a knocking sort of noise coming from the engine, there is most likely a problem with your fuel injectors. You will perhaps experience reduced performance till you have the concern repaired.
- There is black or white smoke appearing from your vehicle.
Whatever concerns you are having with your diesel engine, you can bring your vehicle to Auburn Euro Motors in Auburn.
Diesel Repair Shop Serving Auburn and Beyond
We at Auburn Euro Motors have been serving communities in Auburn and surrounding areas since 1997 and specialize in Power Stroke repair, Duramax repair, Cummins repair and so much more. Here are some reasons you should choose us as your local auto repair shop:
- We have a six month payment option (upon approval) to make it easy on your wallet.
- We offer courtesy rides and loaner cars (by appointment) after drop off hours to fit your busy schedule.
- We perform a Digital Vehicle Inspection with every visit to keep your car safe and reliable.
- Every item you request gets our complete attention. You deal directly with the owner, or our knowledgeable Service Advisor, at every phase of the estimate or repair, and nothing gets lost in translation.
If you are in Auburn or surrounding areas, feel free to give us a call at 530-268-1870 or schedule an appointment online with us today!