A Brief History of BMW
A good deal of Auburn citizens drive BMWs, and also there’s a rich history behind the prominent automobile brand. Originally an engine supplier, BMW introduced its very first car, a motorcycle, in 1923. Throughout the 1930s, BMW enhanced its range of cars and larger high-end cars. The BMW 3/20, released in 1932, was the very first BMW automobile developed entirely by BMW. 4 years later, BMW released its very first four-door car, the BMW 326.
After the Second World War, BMW returned to automobile manufacturing and presented the BMW 501 in 1951. After some changes, the vehicle was re-released as the BMW 501A, which set off an enhancing of sales. In the mid 1950s, BMW acquired a license to make Issetas, an Italian “bubble vehicle” that had become popular in Europe. Greater than 10 thousand Issetas were sold in 1955 alone. However, for a number of years BMW was incapable of tackling its competitors and was nearing bankruptcy. In 1960, the development program began for a brand-new collection of models, called the “Neue Klasse” (New Class) task, which is associated for saving the BMW firm. BMW launched New Program four-door vehicles in 1962, officially establishing its acknowledgment as sports sedan manufacturers. In 1968, production of the BMW M30 engine began, BMW’s very first straight-six engine after The Second World War would stay in manufacturing for 24 years. 4 years later, the very first generation of the BMW 5 collection mid-size vehicles replaced the New Class sedans. BMW’s very first SUV, the X5, was released in 1999. Although various from its normal vehicles, the X5 activated numerous other SUVs to be used by BMW in the coming years.
With over 15 models in the industry today, BMWs are known for the smooth drive they give, their standout appearance, and their purring engines. The current car collection BMW has includes:
- 2 Collection: BMW’s fancy, entry-level subcompact automobile in the USA. It can be located in both coupe and sedan formats.
- 3 Series: BMW’s most successful car of all time. The first generation released in 1976, this small automobile is what BMW is acknowledged for.
- 4 Collection: A variation from the 3 Collection, provided in 2014. It can be found in two-door automobiles, four-door gran coupe in addition to exchangeable variants.
- 5 Collection: BMW’s mid-size car, introduced in 1972.
- 6 Collection: A variation from the 5 Collection that has “contours that captivate, power that surprises, and the perspective to capture focus.”
- 7 Series: A full-size deluxe sedan.
- 8 Series: BMW’s elegant grand tourer. It is available in both sports car and convertible body layouts.
- Z4: BMW’s small roadster. The “Z” stands for “zukunft,” which is German for “future”.
- X1: BMW’s entry-level subcompact crossover. Car and Driver called it one of their 10 Best Trucks and SUVs for 2019.
- X2: A sportier, driving-oriented subcompact crossover. It’s closer to the ground than the X1. It has a sleeker “sports car” physique and a lot less cargo area.
- X3: BMW’s compact SUV. It was launched in 2003, and also the 3rd generation was launched for the 2018 version year.
- X4: A sportier variant of the X3, with a sloping sports car body style.
- X5: BMW’s small SUV. It was the very first BMW SUV, launched in 1999.
- X6: BMW’s midsize crossover sports car. BMW calls it the “commanding sports task coupe” with “striking looks, aggressive stance, and big proportions”.
- X7: BMW’s very first full-size three-row SUV. It’s the biggest BMW ever built.
- i3: BMW’s subcompact all-electric automobile.
- i8: A plug-in hybrid performance roadster BMW released in 2014. It is offered in both coupe along with Roadster variants.
If you have a BMW that needs repair work, you can bring it to Auburn Euro Motors today!
Auburn Euro Motors: Your Trusted Shop for BMW Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your BMW to Auburn Euro Motors. Proudly serving residents of Auburn and surrounding areas since 1997, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At Auburn Euro Motors, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s some reasons why you should choose us:
- We offer a 36 month/36,000 mile nation wide Parts and Labor warranty on most repairs.
- We offer courtesy rides and loaner cars (by appointment) after drop off hours to fit your busy schedule.
- Every item you request gets our complete attention. You deal directly with the owner, or our knowledgeable Service Advisor, at every phase of the estimate or repair, and nothing gets lost in translation.
If you are in or nearby Auburn, feel free to give us a call at 530-268-1870 to schedule an appointment at Auburn Euro Motors today!
For honest and efficient auto repair in Auburn, CA, turn to the capable team at Auburn Euro Motors. “Life’s too short to drive boring cars.”